Middlesex Stamp Club
One Page Frames for 1 May, 2009
With revisions eliminating value considerations
THIS IS JUST TO GET YOU TO SHOW YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS WHAT ELSE EXISTS BEYOND WHAT THEY COLLECT!
ALL MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO DO THEIR DUTY AND SHOW ONE PAGE (or more)
1. Any subject, any country. Mint, used, covers, cards, coins whatever!
2. Must have at least ONE postage stamp - this is a stamp club!
3. No stamps issued before 1945 may be shown anywhere on the exhibit page
- (it could be on the reverse of an ancillary item - but it cannot be seen)
4. You should try for three philatelic elements, but it is NOT necessary
5. Supplementary material (newspaper clippings, copies of material from books, coins or medallions etc.) may be of any age, any value. (If you copy from books, note source! - the writer deserves the credit, and may require it)
6. You don't have to own the material shown - (beg or borrow - theft not on). You, however, are responsible for its return.
The Club will supply frames and mount the exhibits.
The Club will supply protective pages if you don't have any.
Multiple one-pagers from each member are welcome, but please not more than three.
Pages as shown at the Royal in 2006 must at least be revised. - I HAVE COPIES!
Submission and Return
Exhibit pages should be submitted to Derek Smith at the April 17 meeting. You are responsible for insurance.
No reason you shouldn't put your name on page since there is no judging.
Pages will be returned after the May 1 meeting, or at the May 15 (final season) meeting.
Each page must have on the reverse: your name, your address, your telephone number And the Tim Horton's nearest to your house or workplace if you can't pick it up on either night.
Smith will have examples of pages to show at some of the meetings. There are numerous members who have shown before - seek, and you shall find their help.
One Suggestion for your display
Use as much of your page as possible - ie, reduce "white space" - pretend you are a real estate developer and tear down all the trees.
To get more on a page, you can hide or "window" parts of covers (to save space, to hide flaws). Again, ask. All you need is a ruler and an Exacto knife or a razor blade. Again, ask for help.
Suggestions (and that's all these are) For Topics, Elements
A page from your album, but that is not the best idea - use some ingenuity and tell us what your display is all about. Still, if that is what you want to show or with what you are comfortable, SHOW IT.
Any mint or used (or both) stamp including a block, booklet pane, booklet cover, inscription block, error (doubtful at the price limit), on cover
Cancels of a town or area (birth, school, employment) on stamp, cover
Different stamps of one value for a rate era (eg, 5 cents issued when the rate was 5 cents) or a combination of stamps to make up that value.
Tracing changes of rates for a specific time period, destination or postal application (eg, registration) and the stamps required
A topical subject - eg, QEII coronation, Peace Issues, overprints, a scene, a person, ships, art, flowers - anything at all!)
Tell story (as per page that I will be able to show you).
Whatever else you collect or think would look good with one or more stamps